Acronis Backup supports:
- Windows Server 2008 (x64) with Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008/2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012/2012 R2 with Hyper-V
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012/2012 R2
- Windows 8, 8.1 (x64) with Hyper-V
- Windows 10 with Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2016 with Hyper-V – all installation options, except for Nano Server
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016
You can back up any number of VMs on the same Hyper-V host with just one Acronis Backup Virtual Host licenсe.
No, Acronis Backup for Hyper-V ensures VMs can be backed up even while running.
Acronis Universal Restore allows any-to-any migration and restore. You can perform machine migration by recovering any backup to a non-original machine. The following table summarizes the available migration options.
|Backed-up machine type||Available recovery destinations|
|Physical machine||ESXi virtual machine||Hyper-V virtual machine|
|VMware ESXi virtual machine||yes||yes||yes|
|Hyper-V virtual machine||yes||yes||yes|
Acronis Backup for Hyper-V allows users to back up and restore Hyper-V virtual machines placed on either Hyper-V Clustered Shared Volumes (CSV) or on SMB 3.0 shares when used as primary hypervisor storage.