PayHalal is an Islamic payment gateway (for Islamic e-commerce services) that process payments from CASA e-Money Debit and credit payments for both online and traditional brick-and-mortar stores. The PayHalal Payment gateway facilitates these transactions by transferring key information between payment portals such as web-enabled mobile devices/websites and the front end processor/bank.
How does the PayHalal payment gateway work?
When a customer places an order from an online Islamic store, the PayHalal payment gateway performs several tasks to finalize the transaction:
The web browser encrypts the data to be sent between it and the vendor’s web server. The gateway then sends the transaction data to the payment processor utilized by the vendor’s acquiring bank.
2. Authorization Request
The payment processor sends the transaction data to a card association. The credit card’s issuing bank views the authorization request and “approves” or “denies.”
3. Filling the Order
The processor then forwards an authorization pertaining to the merchant and consumer to the payment gateway. Once the gateway obtains this response, it transmits it to the website/interface to process the payment. Here, it is interpreted and an appropriate response is generated. This seemingly complicated and lengthy process typically takes only a few seconds at most. At this point, the merchant fills the order.
The PayHalal Payment gateway fulfils a vital role in the Islamic e-commerce transaction process, authorizing the payment between merchants and customers.
The PayHalal payment data processor analyzes and transmits transaction data. Next, it authorizes the transfer of funds between buyers and sellers.
Why using PayHalal to pay Zakat?
PayHalal is a popular site for transferring money between Muslim consumers and Islamic businesses online. You can use your PayHalal account to purchase items from hundreds of online stores as well as Sending and Receiving money, Making Payments, or Transferring money from one account to another.
Opening a basic PayHalal account is free, you do not need special technology, or a business license to send/receive money through PayHalal.
The only requirements are:
- A valid email address.
- A valid debit, credit card or bank account or even top up via prepaid cards.
4 Simple Steps to Register PayHalal as a Payment Gateway
- Register a Merchant Account. Register an online merchant account, fill in the application form, prepare the support documents in the checklist and email to luqman.hak[email protected] / [email protected] upon completion.
- Application Processed by PayHalal. PayHalal will revert with a Business Proposal offering MDR Rate based on the application form. Merchant to reply with a signed copy of the business proposal.
- Integration & Sandbox Testing. Once the application process is done, PayHalal will proceed with integration and sandbox testing (using the registered online account).
- Ready to Use PayHalal. Upon successful sandbox testing, merchant to notify PayHalal to activate their account from Sandbox to Live.
For more information about PayHalal, visit: https://payhalal.my/
The PayHalal payment gateway allows you to create a checkout page via your website, mobile app or in-store for the convenience of your Muslim shoppers and users. With PayHalal, you can be assured of safety, speed and absolutely no riba.
Start selling your halal and Islamic products online verified by PayHalal
- Take orders and collect payments online
- Generate sales 24×7 non-stop on any devices
- Integrated with PayHalal shariah-compliant payment gateway powered by Shariah Smart Payment.
- Low investment & maintenance costs help increase your profit margin
In Exabytes, we only provide solutions that are practical and essential to your business. With these features, you will have a Powerful and Complete Online Store. The best part?
Your online store will be ready in 3 days!
For more info, please feel free to get in touch with our friendly staff at [email protected]
Last Updated: 12th May 2020. This Payhalal Payment Gateway blog post is for reference only. Information may be different from the date of publication and we do not guarantee the accuracy of the information shared.