Difference Between Sub-Domain, Parked Domain & Add-on Domain
What is the difference between Sub-domain, Parked Domain and Add-on Domain? Are they related to each other? Let us discover what’s the difference between the three of them!
- Let’s say your domain is domain.com.
- You install a E-Commerce and put in a directory called domain.com/commerce/.
- You can turn the directory commerce into a sub-domain by adding it as a sub-domain from your Control Panel.
- Now you can access your E-Commerce as either domain.com/commerce OR commerce.domain.com
- You have several domains domain.com, domain.org, domain.biz and domain.net.
- domain.com is the domain of your website and you want to add domain.org, domain.biz and domain.net.
- You want them both to go to the same place. In other words, when someone types either domain.com, domain.org, domain.biz or domain.net they will go to the same page(s) on your website.
- In order to have additional parked domains you need to purchase the additional domain(s).
- You have two domains domain.com and addondomain.com.
- You want the two domains to be totally separate/independent websites.
- In order to have additional add-on domains you need to purchase the additional domain(s).
Would like to search for a good domain for your Blogspot? Search your domain by using the search bar below or click here to get more details!