What is Managed VPS?
A managed VPS allows website owners to not worry about the server related tasks like managing and maintaining the server as the web hosting provider takes care of all the functions of the server.
This helps reduce the burden and efforts put in managing and maintaining the website.
A business owner can devote the same time and effort in their core competency and grow their business.
The best managed VPS hosting specialist take over complete responsibility of server resources and monitors the server 24x7x365 for any hurdles and necessary updates and upgrades.
This specially helps users who hardly have time for server related tasks.
Advantages of Managed VPS hosting
- A virtual server with managed VPS hosting is monitored round the clock by the web hosting provider giving you time to focus on the primary objectives.
- The business owners needn’t stress on the server related operations like setup and configuration of the server as the entire server maintenance is taken care of by the tech-savvy team at the web hosting company. (Exabytes provides server management plans making it the preferred VPS Malaysia provider).
- A managed VPS has high-tech tools to fix security issues and eliminate threats. The server is constantly monitored for malware and a security audit is performed to identify any vulnerability to prevent any breach.
- The best managed VPS hosting comes with a control panel that allows you to manage the website with ease. This control panel helps with website management tasks like adding website files on the server, creating databases, monitoring site performance, etc.
- A Managed VPS server is regularly monitored for traffic spikes to ensure the website can handle increased traffic at peak times without crashing.
- A fully managed VPS server is cost-effective as compared to hiring a team of experts especially to manage your server.
What is Unmanaged VPS?
In unmanaged VPS hosting, a business owner has to to handle the server responsibilities such as management and maintenance of the server while the hosting provider looks into physical servers and its availability.
An unmanaged VPS necessitates that a business hires a team of experts to manage the server when one opts for unmanaged VPS hosting.
For startups, it is not recommended to invest in a full- fledged technical skills teams but focus on developing the business.
Server management needs a full-time role and a team to handle your server.
Advantages of Unmanaged VPS hosting
- The virtual server owner has full control of the server in terms of storage space, software installation, bandwidth, usage, memory, etc.
- An unmanaged VPS hosting can be fully customized as per your requirement.
- A virtual server without a server management plan could reduce the cost of the VPS hosting plan.
- The business owners are responsible for their own server and can make necessary changes to the server anytime.
- Take advantage of unlimited optimizations on the server to boost the performance of the website or application to gain more traffic.
Primary differences between managed VPS and unmanaged VPS hosting
|Managed VPS||Unmanaged VPS|
|Technical skills not required at business owner end.||Good knowledge of servers is a must.|
|Server related tasks such as maintenance and up-gradation are taken care of by the hosting provider.||The hosting provider only takes care of maintaining the physical server.|
|Websites can invest more time in the business as there are no hassles for maintaining the server.||Website owners would need to pay equal attention to their business as well as the server because server maintenance will be solely their responsibility.|
|Businesses get technical support from the hosting provider anytime.||In case of any technical issue, the businesses would have to solve it on your own.|
|Little costlier but ideal for a newbie.||As the complete server management is managed, the cost of the server is comparatively lower.|
Which One Should You Choose?
Both managed VPS and unmanaged VPS hosting come with its own benefits. If a website is fully established one, or the business owner is a techie and has time
If you are a techie and have hands-on server management and can spare enough time for managing a server then it is advised to go for unmanaged hosting.
However, if the business is completely new or a startup that needs to focus on growing the business or doesn’t want to focus on building a tech team, it is ideal to go for managed VPS.
With managed VPS, the businesses get technical assistance that saves valuable hours, allowing the businesses to focus upon their main objectives like team management, generating revenue, building customer relationships, etc.
However if it is the expenses that worries you and you have the knowledge of server and its management, then unmanaged VPS hosting will be more suited.
What is VPS hosting?
VPS or virtual private server is a private server that offers similar resources as that of a dedicated server by using a virtualization technology.
Each of these virtual servers’ function as individual servers with dedicated resources.
This allows them to operate as stand-alone server.
If you decide to host your site or application on VPS, your website will be the only one using that specific virtual server with your own operating system, dedicated storage, CPU, RAM and bandwidth.
Every private server account uses a separate operating system allowing you to install different software packages as required with full access to customize the server.
A VPS hosting is a reasonable web hosting choice for domains when more system resources are needed.
A virtual private server is the future of modern hosting as it provides the power and functionality of a high-end dedicated server but at a much lower price.
A virtual server hosting plan is offered in two varieties – managed VPS or unmanaged VPS hosting.
Exabytes is a VPS Malaysia provider that offers the best managed VPS hosting and unmanaged VPS hosting in South East Asia.
Connect with our team to learn what type of VPS hosting best suits your business.
With a 24x7x365 technical support and several thousand customers’ faith in us, VPS Malaysia means Exabytes Enterprise Malaysia.
From an affordable VPS, Linux and Windows based VPS, managed VPS, unmanaged VPS hosting – all options are available with Exabytes.
Is VPS Hosting Worth It in 2022