Email marketing refers to the activity of sending business messages to a group of recipients, using email.
Such recipients can be existing or potential clients. It involves sending email to send advertisements, request business, or solicit sales or donations.
Do you want to build your contact list instead of working for it? Learn the power of email marketing campaigns and strategies that will help you to grow your business by increasing leads and sales.
Related topic: Transactional Email vs Marketing Email
Advantages of using Email Marketing
- Allows being in touch with your customers on a consistent basis.
- Send customized messages or greetings messages
- Send emails with sender ID that you can relate with the brand
- Build credibility and brand recognition
- Helps boost sales and build better customer relationship
- Easily run marketing campaigns and series of emails one after the other
- Helps increase website traffic
- Send marketing emails with call to action
- Helps strengthen relationships, loyalty & trust
- Sending well-written and engaging newsletters emails allows to introduce the company better to the clients.
- Helps increase brand awareness & stay top of mind
- Helps send segmented campaigns to marketing lists based on demographics, interest, past behavior, etc. to enable one send marketing message as suited for the audience.
- Email marketing is a low-cost marketing campaign channel, but with relatively good ROI.
- Email marketing campaign channel is easy to set up and easy to use with minimal training.
Email Marketing Can Be Used When
- You want to build relationships: Helps use personalized engagement to build connections with the end recipients.
- Want to boost brand awareness: Make sure to keep your small business company and services on top-of-mind for all your recipients the moment they feel they are ready to engage.
- Need to promote your content: Share relevant blog content or useful assets with all your clients and prospects with help of email.
- Feel the need to generate leads: Entice subscribers to provide their personal information in exchange for an asset that they find valuable.
- Want to market your products: Promote your products and services with regular emails. Also use emails to promote any specific launch or discounts.
- Need to nurture leads: Delight your customers with content that can help them succeed in their goals.
Related topic: More about Email Newsletter Templates for Every Occasion
8 Tips to Run a Successful Email Marketing Campaign
1. Use good, short, crisp email subject lines to ensure the recipients are persuaded to open the email seeing the subject line.
Subject 1: Grab 50% OFF For Our ABC Package!
Subject 2: How to Pay RM500 LESS for ABC Package!
Creating such curious subject lines help grab he visitor’s attention/readers’ attention.
2. Spam words in subject line
Avoid use of spam email line like using certain words like Free, too much mention of discount etc.
While punctuations are needed in the subject lines, use of too many question marks or exclamations can change the tone of the subject line and make it sound as a spam email.
It is essential to make use of the right punctuations in the subject line to instill some curiosity in the readers!
4. Use Capital Letters
Make use of capital letters only where essential else it may appear to show anger which is open to be misunderstood recipients may not take appropriately!
For example, this is ideal
“What is Email Marketing?” instead of “What is email marketing?”
5. Use short subject lines
With almost every single person using mobile to check their emails, it is ideal to keep the subject lines short to less than 60 characters.
This makes the subject readable in the small screen and does not appear to be as spam.
6. Quality Relevant Content
Ensure that the email content always matches the subject line of the email. The subject line and content of your email should be in sync with the immediate goal of the email.
For example, if the primary goal is to give information, ensure that the email content only gives information and is not about sales pitches.
This is not only good for credibility but will also prevent the email from going to “Junk” or “Spam” folder!
7. Always End with a Call-to-Action Phrase
Each email you send should have a specific goal or desired outcome, whether you want the end recipients to buy something, opt-in to register for a webinar, or simply read a blog post?
This call to action is essential in the email which will help give the necessary direction to the recipients of the email.
It’s therefore essential to make it clear to your readers before you end your email!
Orange and red are popular call-to-action phrase/button colors.
Also, standard text with a blue underlined hyperlink or fancier graphical based images could also be used for call-to-action phrase.
How to Create an Email Marketing Strategy
Make email marketing strategy a well-planned strategy to derive the most of it.
- Define your audience – It is essential to define the target audience and then create customized email campaigns for the audience. Whether it is to sell something or to educate people. Tailor your email campaign to your audience’s needs.
- Establish your goals – Create a good thought context and plan your campaign goals. This may also be of help in case you want to perhaps create series of emails for campaigns.
- Build your email list – An email lists a group of users who have given you permission to send them relevant content. Several ways must be planned and thought to have the prospects to opt-in to receive your emails.
- Choose an email campaign type – Email campaigns type range from promotions, transactions, information, email newsletters and many more. It is essential to plan well the goal of your email marketing campaign, the objective and then plan the email campaign type to suit the campaign needs.
- Specific lists for specific type of campaigns – Set up different lists for different types of emails, so customers and prospects can sign up for only the emails that are relevant to them.
- Make a schedule- Decide the frequency of contacting a specific list to avoid spamming your recipients by sending them every email.
- Measure your results – Email marketing campaigns comes with its dashboard for metrics, reports on the campaign performance. Keep track of all the campaigns sent, and the variant results across each campaign to study the campaign performance and the response of the recipients.
Now that you understand email marketing tool, the benefits, how to use the tool to best benefits, you may want to perhaps try our Email marketing tool.
Connect with our team to purchase an email marketing software for yourself.