Are you interested in hosting your website on a Shared Hosting/VPS/Dedicated Server? Before you get started, it’s recommended that you have some understanding of domain registration. In this blog post, we will guide you along on how you can publish a website using cPanel (supported by Exabytes services). Do you have basic knowledge of HTML and CSS? No worries, we’ll teach you everything you need to know. we’ll walk you through step-by-step to get a domain name, hosting, and finally publish your website and get it live so that everyone around the globe can visit your website.
Let me walk you through on:
Table of Contents
Getting Started With Exabytes Domain Registration
- Register your personal domain name should be the first step.*Good News! For new customers, you can now get RM30 FREE credits when you purchase from Exabytes! Click here to claim your RM30
- Use the .com extension for your domain registration. If your business is registered with SSM, use the .com.my or .my extension for your company website.
- Take step 2, 3, 4, and 5 to complete the order status.
Don’t forget you still need a hosting service to host your website, domain name, email etc. Up next, we will discuss how you can get a hosting service together with a domain name.
Getting Started with a Hosting Plan to Host Your Domain Name and Services
- Check out Exabytes Hosting plans and choose your desired hosting plan.
*All prices are subject to change without prior notice
- If you already have a domain name, transfer your domain to Exabytes. Otherwise, register a new domain name.
- Check out and complete the order.
What is cPanel and how to login?
cPanel is a control panel that enables you to perform all necessary actions on a server. With a control panel like cPanel, you can create an email account, manage your domains, website, database, and much more. Don’t know how to login to your cPanel? Follow the simple steps below.
- Click “Client Login” at the top right corner of the website to go to the client login page.
- On the homepage, click ‘My Services’, then choose ‘My Products/Services’.
- Select the domain you want to manage, then click ‘Manage Product’.
- On the top left, click ‘Login to cPanel’.
Uploading the HTML and CSS file to cPanel
- Upon Login to cPanel, you will see the “Dashboard” of cPanel.
- Click on “File Manager”. ‘File manager’ is the file management system in your website.
- Publish your website through File Manager. In the file manager, search for public_html on the left sidebar of the file manager.
- Upload the index.html and other source files that you desire to public_html.
- When the upload is complete, click on the link Back to /home/customer/public_html. You will now see your uploaded file in your File Manager screen.
- Repeat step 4 if you have more than one source file.
- Hooray! Your website is now live!
*This free credit giveaway campaign is only applicable to new account registration done from 17th June 2020 until further notice. For more details, visit our page at www.exabytes.my/free-credits