What are Email Forwarders?
Email forwarding is an automated tool help to redirect incoming messages from one email address to a different email address.
Let’s say you have multiple support email addresses for your business;
eg. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. These email addresses are handled by different teams for different purposes. You do not want your customers to be confused, with which email to send to, and hence you can make firstname.lastname@example.org as the primary to receive the email.
2 Types Of Email Forwarding
Setting up email forwarders can help you to forward the right content to the right email address. Our Linux Small Business Hosting(cPanel), allows you to create two types of email forwarders. They are known as Email Account Forwarders and Domain Forwarders.
1 “email forwarder” work as a robot worker with 1 rules. So, you can create as many forwarders as long as it does not confuse and conflict, it’ll work perfectly for you. Email Forwarders have to be created one at a time.
Domain Forwarder sends all email to the domain that you specify. For example, if you create a domain forwarder for domain1.com to forward to domain2.com, any email for domain1.com will automatically go to domain2.com. Email accounts must exist in your hosting account in order for email to be delivered.
There are a few ways to create email forwarding
Create Email Forwarder in cPanel
*This method does not apply for shared hosting to free email services.
1. Login to “cPanel” with URL: yourdomainname.com/cpanel
2. Click on ‘Forwarders‘ under Mail.
3. Click on “Add Forwarder”
4. Fill in the information needed for the forwarding rule
Done! You may check the email forwarding by sending in a new email. 🙂
Create Email Forwarder in Webmail
1. Login to your webmail using URL: yourdomainname.com/webmail
2. Click on “Forwarders” under email account dropdown
3. Click “Add Forwarder”
4. Fill in the information needed and click “add forwarder”
Done! You may check for the email forward at the previous page, under “forwarding options”
Create an Email Forwarding in Smartermail
If you are using windows hosting, here is the step on your Smartermail.
1. Log in as a user with your full username and password into your Smartermail using mail.yourdomainname.com
2. Click on the “Option“(no. 1) icon at the top action panel to expand the drop-down and select “Settings“(no. 2).
3. You will find the “Forwarding” option and fill in the “Forwarding Address” to complete the process.
*Make sure your forwarding email address is not the email accounts from free email services. These are such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and etc. Kindly refer below link for our policy on forwarding. https://support.exabytes.com.my/solution/articles/14000031633-email-forwarding-policy