Passionate about taking businesses online and growing them digitally, Exabytes reaches out for all possibilities in giving assistance to SMEs in growing their businesses online affordably.
With the hit of the Covid-19 pandemic, expanding businesses online has proven to be a way to grow businesses and see growth in sales revenue. Hence, various governmental departments and organisations have started to provide grants for small and medium-sized businesses to take their businesses online, or grow them further digitally.
In this article, we have concised and compiled the list of grants available for you to consider applying for your business.
SME Digitalisation Grants You Can Apply For
Table of Contents
- 1. Exabytes SME Digitalisation Grant – Up to RM5,000 for all Malaysia SMEs
- 2. Sama-Sama Digital – Up to RM10,000 for Bumiputera SMEs
- 3. SME Digital Matching Grant – Up to RM5,000 for Selangor SMEs
- 4. eTrade Programme 2.0 – Up to RM25,000 claimable Grant for B2B Business
- 5. Penang State Government Incentive – Get instant RM1,000 grant support for Penang Business
1. Exabytes SME Digitalisation Grant – Up to RM5,000 for all Malaysia SMEs
The government through the Ministry of Finance (MOF) is working together with Bank Simpanan Nasional and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) to offer a digitalisation grant to eligible SMEs to adopt digitalisation in their daily operations.
Exabytes is pleased to announce that we are one of the eligible MDEC TSP (Technology Service Provider) of this program.
What do you get?
- Claim up to RM5,000 SME Grant with Exabytes services
- Have your website ready in 3 days (comes with a domain name, hosting & website design)
- Grow your business with powerful digital marketing tools, be ranked number 1 on Google and bring your business to the global market.
- Reach customers with up to 98% open rate – send effective messages to reach potential/existing customers instantly and effectively
- Available to SME and Cooperative (“Koperasi”) registered under the relevant laws of Malaysia;
- The SME is at least 60% owned by Malaysian;
- The SME/Coop has been in operation for at least six (6) months; and
- The SME/Coop has a minimum average annual sales turnover of RM50,000
- Completed SME Digitalisation Initiative Application Form.
- A copy of the Identification Card or Passport of Director (s) / Partner (s) / Proprietor(s) of the SME / applicant appointed by the Coop , whichever is applicable.
- A copy of the SME’s business registration licenses (CCM or any similar forms under the Companies Act 2016). For Coop, a copy of SKM registration certificate.
- Latest audited financial statements or latest financial management account statement or the bank statement for the latest two (2) months;
- Quotation/invoice for the selected digitalisation services from the Service Provider listed by MDEC; and
- Any other information and documents as and when required by the bank.
- SME contacts and appoints Exabytes as MDEC certified Technology Solution Provider (TSP).
- SME completes and submits the application form along with the required documents by sending it to the Main branch of BSN of the state or courier the full set of document to Main Branch of BSN in each State.
- SME to notify Exabytes ([email protected]) once the application to BSN has been submitted so that Exabytes can help to follow up on the application process.
- Once the application is approved, the applicant is responsible to pay 50% of the total invoice or more which Bank will only make payment of 50% or up to RM5,000.00 to Exabytes.
- The government provides a 50% Matching Grant based on the amount of your invoice issued by Exabytes or a maximum up to RM5,000 per qualified company.
Find detailed information on Exabytes SME Digitalisation Grant here.
2. Sama-Sama Digital – Up to RM10,000 for Bumiputera SMEs
To top up from Exabytes SME Digitalisation Grant, in line with PENJANA initiatives, Exabytes and Ekuinas will provide an extra RM5,000 subsidy (Iltizam by Ekuinas) to Bumiputera SMEs to better help SMEs drive digital adoption and reduce their cost of digitalisation. Sama-Sama Digital provides a total of RM10,000 grant per company for selected Exabytes digital solutions.
What can you do to grow your business online?
- Build and design your website or online store
- Reach customers online and generate more potential customers and new sales through digital marketing
- Improve business operation and customer service efficiency using productivity solutions
- A Bumiputera Business (or 51% owned by Bumiputera)
- The company is at least 60% owned by Malaysians.
- The company has been in operation for at least six (6) months.
- For companies that have operated for at least six (6) months to have a minimum annual sales turnover of RM50,000.
- For companies that have operated for more than two (2) years to have a minimum annual sales turnover of RM 50,000 in two (2) consecutive years.
Find detailed information on Sama-Sama Digital here.
3. SME Digital Matching Grant – Up to RM5,000 for Selangor SMEs
The SME Digital Matching Grant aims to help SMEs in the state of Selangor digitalise their businesses in weathering the Covid-19 storm. The grant is open to benefit 1,000 Selangor SMEs who wish to digitalise their businesses. The Selangor state government is providing a 50% matching grant or a maximum of RM5,000 for state SMEs when you sign up for your chosen digital service solutions.
5 digitalisation areas:
- Registered under the relevant laws of Malaysia
- At least 51% owned by Malaysians
- Business address or operation address registered in Selangor only
- Required to have a minimum annual sales turnover of RM300,000 and not exceeding RM3 million
- In operation for at least 1 year
- Limited to one (1) application per company only. However, SMEs are allowed to apply to up to three (3) digital services with one (1) or more service providers that are endorsed by Sidec.
- Application will re-open in August 2021
4. eTrade Programme 2.0 – Up to RM25,000 claimable Grant for B2B Business
An enhancement of eTrade Programme under the RMK-11 with the purpose to accelerate exports via sustained participation in cross-border eCommerce platforms. The programme will continue to assist new companies to onboard cross-border eCommerce platform for export with an incentive of up to RM5,000 for any cross-border eCommerce platform(s), for a one-year subscription. At the same time, a new incentive with a maximum amount up to RM20,000 per company will be provided to companies that are already doing eCommerce to undertake activities that can sustain their participation in the cross border eCommerce platform. The incentive is to be utilised within one (1) year.
- RM5,000 grant for onboarding any cross-border eCommerce platform or multiple platforms, per company, for one (1) year subscription / one (1) year activities
- RM20,000 grant for undertaking any digital marketing activities, per company, for one (1) year subscription / one (1) year activities
- Registered with SSM – open to ROC / ROB / LLP / Co-operatives registered with SKM
- Made in Malaysia – selling Malaysian made products or Malaysian brand registered with MyIPO
- Malaysian Owned – at least 60% Malaysian ownership
- SME – in accordance to SMECorp SME Definition
- Must be a MATRADE member and have undertaken Exporters Readiness Assessment Test (ERAT)
- Must be registered for MyExport
- Open for Manufacturer / Trading Company only
Additional Criteria for Onboarding Scheme:
- Minimum 6 (six) months in operation
- Have not received the eTRADE incentive before
Additional Criteria for Digital Marketing and Training Scheme (DMT):
- Minimum 1 (one) year in operation
- eCommerce ready – must have been selling on cross-border eCommerce
platform(s) for no less than 1 (one) year
For detailed information about eTrade Programme 2.0, visit here.
5 Easy Steps to Kickstart Your Online Business
- Secure your domain name
- Set up a website and business email account
- Make website content SEO friendly
- Run ads to bring in more traffic
- Optimise and enhance conversion rate
The steps are simple, and we’ve made it affordable for you. Witness rapid growth in sales and brand awareness and let us grow with you digitally!
5. Penang State Government Incentive – Get instant RM1,000 grant support for Penang Business
Are you interested or is already using a B2B platform to sell online? The Penang State government has recently launched an initiative to support SMEs to transact and engage digitally via a B2B platform. Apply for an RM1,000 grant from the Penang State Government as an incentive to encourage SMEs to sell online. Minimal application criteria. This sponsorship is limited to the first 1,000 approved applicants.
Criteria for Application
- Applicants must be Penang-based company (registered business address in Penang)
- Must be SME as defined by SME Corp. SME Definition
- Registered with a local Digital platform with a track record of at least 1 year
- Exabytes is one of the Digital Platform Providers
- The grant application form is available here
Condition for Disbursement
1. Show proof of receipt or written confirmation that you have signed up with Digital platform.
2. We will verify with the Digital platform.
3. Digital Penang will vet the approved applications.
4. Approval will be on a first-come first-served basis. Once the 1,000 applications have been approved and funds disbursed, the project will be ended.
5. Please attach a section of your Bank Statement/Confirmation from Bank to verify your Bank Account name and number.
6. The approved grant will be transferred directly into the applicants’ Bank Account by BPEN.