Passionate about taking businesses online and growing them digitally, Exabytes reaches out for all possibilities in giving assistance to SMEs in growing their businesses online affordably.
With the hit of the Covid-19 pandemic, expanding businesses online has proven to be a way to grow businesses and see growth in sales revenue. Hence, various governmental departments and organisations have started to provide grants for small and medium-sized businesses to take their businesses online, or grow them further digitally.
In this article, we have concised and compiled the list of grants available for you to consider applying for your business.
SME Digitalisation Grants You Can Apply For
Table of Contents
1. Exabytes SME Digitalisation Grant
The government through the Ministry of Finance (MOF) is working together with Bank Simpanan Nasional and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) to offer a digitalisation grant to eligible SMEs to adopt digitalisation in their daily operations.
Exabytes is pleased to announce that we are one of the eligible MDEC TSP (Technology Service Provider) of this program.
What do you get?
- Claim up to RM5,000 SME Grant with Exabytes services
- Have your website ready in 3 days (comes with a domain name, hosting & website design)
- Grow your business with powerful digital marketing tools, be ranked number 1 on Google and bring your business to the global market.
- Reach customers with up to 98% open rate – send effective messages to reach potential/existing customers instantly and effectively
- The SME has Malaysian equity ownership of at least 60%.
- The SME is registered under the relevant laws of Malaysia.
- The SME has been in operation for at least one (1) year.
- For SMEs that have operated for at least one (1) year to have a minimum annual sales turnover of RM100,000.
- For SMEs that have operated for more than two (2) years: minimum annual sales turnover of RM50,000 in two (2) consecutive years.
Find detailed information on Exabytes SME Digitalisation Grant here.
2. Sama-Sama Digital
To top up from Exabytes SME Digitalisation Grant, in line with PENJANA initiatives, Exabytes and Ekuinas will provide an extra RM5,000 subsidy (Iltizam by Ekuinas) to Bumiputera SMEs to better help SMEs drive digital adoption and reduce their cost of digitalisation. Sama-Sama Digital provides a total of RM10,000 grant per company for selected Exabytes digital solutions.
What can you do to grow your business online?
- Build and design your website or online store
- Reach customers online and generate more potential customers and new sales through digital marketing
- Improve business operation and customer service efficiency using productivity solutions
- A Bumiputera Business (or 51% owned by Bumiputera)
- The company is at least 60% owned by Malaysians.
- The company has been in operation for at least one (1) year.
- For companies that have operated for at least one (1) year to have a minimum annual sales turnover of RM100,000.
- For companies that have operated for more than two (2) years to have a minimum annual sales turnover of RM 50,000 in two (2) consecutive years.
Find detailed information on Sama-Sama Digital here.
3. SME Digital Matching Grant
The SME Digital Matching Grant aims to help SMEs in the state of Selangor digitalise their businesses in weathering the Covid-19 storm. The grant is open to benefit 1,000 Selangor SMEs who wish to digitalise their businesses. The Selangor state government is providing a 50% matching grant or a maximum of RM5,000 for state SMEs when you sign up for your chosen digital service solutions.
5 digitalisation areas:
- Registered under the relevant laws of Malaysia
- At least 51% owned by Malaysians
- Business address or operation address registered in Selangor only
- Required to have a minimum annual sales turnover of RM300,000 and not exceeding RM1 million
- In operation for at least 1 year
- Limited to one (1) application per company only. However, SMEs are allowed to apply to up to three (3) digital services with one (1) or more service providers that are endorsed by Sidec.
4. eTrade Programme 2.0
An enhancement of eTrade Programme under the RMK-11 with the purpose to accelerate exports via sustained participation in cross-border eCommerce platforms. The programme will continue to assist new companies to onboard cross-border eCommerce platform for export with an incentive of up to RM5,000 for any cross-border eCommerce platform(s), for a one-year subscription. At the same time, a new incentive with a maximum amount up to RM20,000 per company will be provided to companies that are already doing eCommerce to undertake activities that can sustain their participation in the cross border eCommerce platform. The incentive is to be utilised within one (1) year.
- RM5,000 grant for onboarding any cross-border eCommerce platform or multiple platforms, per company, for one (1) year subscription / one (1) year activities
- RM20,000 grant for undertaking any digital marketing activities, per company, for one (1) year subscription / one (1) year activities
- Registered with SSM – open to ROC / ROB / LLP / Co-operatives registered with SKM
- Made in Malaysia – selling Malaysian made products or Malaysian brand registered with MyIPO
- Malaysian Owned – at least 60% Malaysian ownership
- SME – in accordance to SMECorp SME Definition
- Must be a MATRADE member and have undertaken Exporters Readiness Assessment Test (ERAT)
- Must be registered for MyExport
- Open for Manufacturer / Trading Company only
Additional Criteria for Onboarding Scheme:
- Minimum 6 (six) months in operation
- Have not received the eTRADE incentive before
Additional Criteria for Digital Marketing and Training Scheme (DMT):
- Minimum 1 (one) year in operation
- eCommerce ready – must have been selling on cross-border eCommerce
platform(s) for no less than 1 (one) year
For detailed information about eTrade Programme 2.0, visit here.
5 Easy Steps to Kickstart Your Online Business
- Secure your domain name
- Set up a website and business email account
- Make website content SEO friendly
- Run ads to bring in more traffic
- Optimise and enhance conversion rate
The steps are simple, and we’ve made it affordable for you. Witness rapid growth in sales and brand awareness and let us grow with you digitally!