.Asia Domain – Spread Your Name Across Asia
What Happens If Someone Has Registered Your .Asia Domain?
- Your competitors may steal your business.
- Someone may cybersquat on your domain and sell it back to you at a much higher price in the future.
- The domain owner may ruin your business by publishing illegal or nasty content with your domain.
- Your branding and business reputation may be adversely affected.
- Loss of potential clients, web traffic, market & reputation.
What Is .Asia Domain?
.ASIA is a Domain Extension sponsored by DotAsia Organisation. It is also a regional domain for companies, organizations and individuals that specifically have a target demographic market based in Asia, Australia, and the Pacific.
Benefits Of Having A .Asia Domain
Establish Connection And Build Your Identity
Increase affinity with Asian customers. Asian community has common interest with the word “Asia” and has a very good sense of belonging of being part of Asia and your business can have a strong identity within the Asian community.
Create Your Presence & Mutual Agreement
Build trust in customers from fastest growing Asia markets such as China, Singapore, India & other Southeast Asia nations and increase the sales conversion rate of your business in Asia.
Secure Your Branding & Extend Your Reach
Protect your company brand from being misused by third parties & improve search engine rankings for searches related to Asia so you can expose your website to greater reach across Asian population and at the same time have a protected and recognizable branding.
The Big Brands Which Already Secured Their .Asia Domains
Regional airline from Malaysia with a route that spans through over 20 countries, they have set low cost flying to an all new high with their beliefs “Now Everyone Can Fly”
IBM is a multinational technology that sells computer & hardware plus infrastructure in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.
Dell Inc. is a multinational computer technology corporation that develops, sells and supports computers and related products and services to customers worldwide.
Wish To Setup A Website?
Terms And Conditions
- Domain registrations are based on first-come, first-served basis upon payment confirmation. It will only be processed upon successful payment received by our billing department.
- Submitting your order(s) to Exabytes does not mean your requested domain(s) is/are already registered until payment confirmation is received.
- This offer is open to only Malaysian Citizens and Businesses Registered in Malaysia.
- Domain registration fees are strictly non refundable.
- This promotion is NOT applicable for the registration/purchase of Premium Domains, Pragmatic Domains and Premium Numeric Domains. Exabytes reserves the right to cancel any domain orders that involve the aforementioned domains.
- Information for limitation of characters on domain names. Read More.
- Exabytes reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this offer without any prior notice.
- For enquiries, please contact us.
- You do agree to our terms of service available here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who would want a .Asia Domain?
.ASIA is a short, highly recognizable phrase focused on Asia identity with a clear and lasting value. The name value for .ASIA is especially notable for the thriving SMEs in the region, judging from the fact that many have continued to expand beyond their local market by tapping into the power of the Internet as a platform for rapid growth.
Numerous organizations, initiatives, events, etc. use “Asia” as a defining element, for example:
- Asia based events, such as Asian Games, ITU Telecom Asia, etc.
- Local companies expanding to the Asia regional market and Asia headquarters or subsidiaries of global companies.
- NGOs and non-profit organizations based in Asia such as APNIC, APNG, etc.
- Regional Asia media: newspapers, magazines, TV channels such as Asian Wall Street Journal, Channel News Asia, etc.
Asia focused businesses: Air Asia, JetStar Asia, Aero Asia, etc.
Why do we need .Asia Top Level Domain (TLD)?
.ASIA TLD fulfils the market needs to have a REGIONAL DOMAIN that improves international recognition and regional competitiveness in a growing community.
Asia with over 60% of the world’s population is a region that is experiencing extensive economic and technical growth. A special and dedicated domain can help players in the region to cement a common regional ONLINE IDENTITY and realize their potential.
As the SME makes up the largest and fastest growing segment of the market in most cases, it is strongly believed that it will benefit most from the market-expanding potential of a regional .ASIA domain.
Who are the initiators of .ASIA initiative? How did it get started?
The beginnings of the .ASIA initiative can be traced back to several major discussions began in 2000 to establish a regional TLD “.AP“. It was quickly identified that there are many regional organizations in the Pan-Asia and Asia-Pacific region.
Next, ICANN announced a Request For Proposal (RFP) for Sponsored Top Level Domain Names in 2003.
The formation of DotAsia is a community-based initiative that was not created / mandated by any government. It was instead a grassroots initiative supported by a diverse range of well-established organizations in the region.
Who can register names under .Asia TLD?
Legal entities within the Pan-Asia and Asia-Pacific region (defined by ICANN as Asia/Australia/Pacific region; Read more.) can register names under .ASIA TLD.
The .ASIA domain can be used by individuals, businesses, organizations as well as community groups.
Will .Asia offer IDN services?
Yes. .ASIA will launch ASCII domain name services first. Next, it will launch IDN services step by step, language by language, strictly following the IDN standards of IETF and IDN guidelines issued by ICANN.
Can I register 1 or 2 character .ASIA domains?
Currently, only 3 characters or more .ASIA domains (ie. abc.asia) are available for registrations. In August 2011 DotAsia submitted request to ICANN for the release of 1 and 2 character names such as ‘xy.asia’. This request was approved on Feb 29, 2012. DotAsia is working with our channel partners to release these names. If you’d like to stay updated on the release of these names please write to us.
Do I have to live in Asia to get a .ASIA domain?
No, a regional address is not mandatory when registering a .ASIA domain. However, depending on the range of service provided by your registrar of choice, you may be asked to provide a Charter Eligibility Declaration (CED) contact or a Charter Eligibility Administrative (CEA) Contact.